Monday, May 27, 2013

T-Shirt to Crop Top DIY

I was inspired by a tutorial on Youtube showing how to reconstruct an old T-shirt into a crop top. I have this plain T-shirt from Aerie sitting in my closet unworn because the fit wasn't too flattering but the flower print was SO PRETTY. So I thought it would be the perfect shirt to cut up!

Overall I'm satisfied with the way it turned out, though the sleeves that I cut were slightly asymmetrical. Oh well, you can't get it completely right the first time.

The knot on the bottom adds a carefree summer look. I like that it gives off a hipster vibe, and it would look really cute paired with distressed denim cutoffs (sadly, I don't own these kind of shorts - I'm thinking of buying of pair of jeans from a thrift store, cutting them up, and distressing them myself which would be a lot cheaper than buying a pair).



No comments:

Post a Comment