Friday, June 21, 2013

Dorm Closet Organization + Space Saving Tips!

My bed comprises approximately half of my bedroom, so my closet space is substantially limited. And since I love shopping for clothes, knowing how to maximize closet space was key. And if you live in a dorm room, you know that there is not much room at all for storing clothes so taking advantage of the closet space that is available is necessary. Here are some of my tips on organizing my small closet. :)


 Double-rod closet: Having a double-rod closet has been extremely beneficial in saving space, because of the two rods in which I can hang my clothes. I've also made use of the four shelves, too.

Thin plastic hangers: They are worth the money since they allow you to hang twice the amount of clothes than if you used thicker plastic hangers. I bought a 10-pack of blue hangers at an Asian market for only $2.49. I might be a hypocrite here because I succumb to buying the thicker ones since they are a lot cheaper (only about a dollar).


As you can see, on the left the plastic hangers which I mainly use are a lot thicker than the blue ones on the right.


Storage bins: I utilize plastic storage bins from Target for organizing my hoodies and sweatshirts.


How to store sweaters/tank tops and pants: I fold them instead of hanging them. I could actually fit all my tank tops and pants in one shelf and sweaters have their own separate shelf.


How to store scarves: Use a plastic hanger and shower curtain rings to organize scarves. If you don't have shower curtain rings, you can simply tie the scarf onto the hanger (which is what I do, and works just as well).





No comments:

Post a Comment