Friday, June 14, 2013

Inexpensive Ways to Treat Yourself (Shopping Edition)

For some reason, "retail therapy" actually works for me. When I buy myself something girly, it boosts my confidence and helps me recover from a painful experience or a stressful situation. It feels good to reward myself sometimes, so here are a few inexpensive things I shop for:


1. Panties

Yup, that's right. Having a cute new pair of panties makes me feel more confident without spending a lot. My favorite store to shop for panties is Victoria's Secret.

2. Body Products


Whether it be a fragrant body mist, lotion, or body wash, a nice, an uplifting scent can have the power to change your mood. Bath & Body Works has mini body products in yummy scents that are relatively inexpensive.

3. Printed Scarves

I don't wear scarves that much, but the patterns are simply adorable and just looking at them makes me feel happy. Stars, florals, polka dots - the list goes on! They are so versatile and can dress up a plain outfit instantly.

4.Tinted Lip Balms

I find that having a hint of color on your lips makes you look more alive and healthy, and tinted lip balms give just the right amount of color! I've heard Baby Lips by Maybelline are great, though the tinted ones are always sold out everywhere D: However, I'm currently loving Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Apricot Pucker.

5. Fun Socks

Socks also come in a bunch of different colors and patterns, and you can mix and match them if you buy them in singles. You can find them anywhere, and they never fail to brighten up my mood.

6. Nail Polish

Need I say more? I don't own a lot of nail polish, but I'm slowly collecting a few colors. My favorite summer color is neon pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment